Manufacturers involved in ballistic protection can stand out by offering products with a better performance-to-weight ratio. By integrating Endumax® into their products, either in the form of reinforcing film or hard armor plates, manufacturers can easily and confidently enhance user comfort and protection against a wide range of bullets and fragments, both in body protection and vehicle armor.
Faster projectile deceleration
Materials used in ballistic protection applications, including insert plates, protective panels and helmets, need to absorb kinetic energy in the shortest time possible. As a stand-alone solution, but also when combined with Twaron®, protective uni-directionals (UDs) and composites made from Endumax® have a very high degree of braking energy, resulting in very high ballistic stopping power, as well as flexibility and low weight.
Endumax SHIELD product family
For ballistic protection applications, including insert plates, protective panels and helmets, our products Endumax XF23 and Endumax XF33 will offer you the best price-performance solutions.
High ballistic protection
Endumax® SHIELD XF23 certified solutions can provide protection for a different level of ballistic threats:
- NIJ 0101.04 level III: 15.5kg/m² Endumax® insert plate in conjunction with a Twaron® soft pack.
- NIJ 0101.04 level IV: 35kg/m² insert plate made from Endumax® in conjunction with an aluminum-oxide ceramic plate and a Twaron® soft pack.
- NIJ 0108.01 level III: 17kg/m² Endumax® hard armor plate.
- TR 03/97: Bullet-proof shield.
- SK II: 15.4kg/m² Endumax® hard armor plate.
Endumax® SHIELD XF33 certified solutions can provide improved protection for a number of ballistic threat levels:
- NIJ 0101.04 (.06) level III: 13,0kg/m² Endumax® insert plate in conjunction with a Twaron® soft pack.
- NIJ 0101.04 level IV: 32kg/m² insert plate made from Endumax® in conjunction with an aluminum-oxide ceramic plate and a Twaron® soft pack.
- NIJ 0108.01 level III: 12,4kg/m² Endumax® hard armor plate.
During the product development stage, manufacturers can ask for customized and practical advice on how to best integrate Endumax® into their specific ballistic protection application. Our dedicated experts will be happy to advise you on the best solution.